Organic Kelp (60 Vegan Capsules)
- Nature's Own Organic Kelp supplement contains the species Ascophyllum nodosum and provides, on average, 280µg of iodine per capsule
- Iodine contributes to the normal production of thyroid hormones and normal thyroid function.
- Iodine also contributes to normal cognitive function
- NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION
- SUGGESTED INTAKE
- SUITABLE FOR
- NON-ACTIVE INGREDIENTS
- NON GM & FREE FROM
Kelp and seafood are the most reliable natural sources of iodine because certain vegetables which contain iodine also contain substances which interfere with its absorption by the body. Although a normal diet is believed to contribute 150-170µg of iodine per day, the prevalence of iodine deficiency throughout the world leads us to believe that many people are not getting this amount without supplementation. Nature's Own Organic Kelp contains the species Ascophphyllum nodosum, a type of seaweed.
- Our kelp is iodine rich and also contains trace levels of a broad spectrum of minerals, trace elements, micro-nutrients, vitamins, prebiotics and carotenoids
- From a sustainable and clean supply of kelp
- Kelp is the name given to a whole variety of seaweeds, it is often referred to as "a herb from the sea"
- Kelp contains large amounts of the mineral iodine which contributes to the normal production of thyroid hormones and normal thyroid function. Thyroid hormones have a wide range of functions in metabolism
- Iodine cannot be stored by the body for a long period so must be obtained regularly via the diet or supplementation
Iodine contributes to normal:
- cognitive function
- energy-yielding metabolism
- functioning of the nervous system
- production of thyroid hormones and normal thyroid function
- growth of children
Iodine contributes to the maintenance of normal skin
|+NRV = Nutritional Reference Value
* Indicates no NRV
1 capsule daily, or take as directed by a practitioner.
Vegetarians and vegans, and for people with Candida and yeast sensitivities.
Pregnant or breastfeeding women and those on thyroid medication should consult their doctor before taking this product. Kelp is not suitable for children.
capsule shell (vegetable cellulose).
Wheat; yeast, starch, gluten; dairy; added sugars, colourings, flavourings & preservatives.
Keep cool, dry & out of direct sunlight.